Friday, October 3, 2008

French Wines - Gevrey Chambertin

I am committed to presenting to you wine enthusiasts some of the best wines in the world without making you go bankrupt.

If you're familiar with my articles, you know that my area of expertise is French and Italian wines. I am passionate about these wines because after extensive research, I have come to a conclusion, without bias, that still to this date some of the smoothest, tastiest and most impressive wines of the world come from these two countries. For people that disagree with me, no worries, I respect your taste. However, I put you up to the challenge to prove me wrong!
Gevrey Chambertin is a small commune or a small incorporated town in the Burgundy region of France, known for its superior vineyards and wine production representing one of the most famous and superior wines of France. This perfect wine producing area which lays just south of Dijon utilizes its terrain, made up of clayey limestone gravels, to grow some of the best Pinot Noir grapes of the region.

Gevrey Chambertin is considered a noble wine thought of as "Haute Gamme," a high end wine so to speak. It is a wine that is highly impressive and supreme in taste. Deeply colored, it tickles the senses when drunk. It has a cherry taste that pleases the palate beautifully.

Chambertin and Clos de Beze are among the best Gevrey Chambertins, and the most expensive. However, even though I would not go with the cheapest producers in the market, I would expect to be completely satisfied with the medium price range of this wine. With 2.3 million bottles produce every year, I am sure you would not have a hard time finding a nice range of selections, that remain friendly to your pocket book, at your favorite wine shop or cellar.

No comments: